You can withdraw money from your fund account at any time by redeeming some or all of your shares (selling them back to the fund either directly or through your Financial Advisor). Your shares will be redeemed at the next share price (NAV) calculated after your order is received. The amount of CDSC, if any, will be deducted and the remaining proceeds sent to you. Please note that if you purchase shares by check and then redeem those shares, the payment may be delayed for up to 15 business days.
Certain account types require additional paperwork in order to redeem shares. These include qualified accounts such as IRAs, SIMPLE IRAs, Coverdells, and 403Bs. If you would like to redeem shares from your Thornburg IRA, Coverdell or 403B please click here to download the required form.
Shares may be redeemed using one of the following methods:
Through your Financial Advisor
If redeeming shares by mail, send a letter of instruction to:
Thornburg Investment Management
c/o BFDS Midwest
PO Box 219017
Kansas City, MO 64121-9017
Letters of instruction must include:
- Your name.
- The fund's name.
- Your fund account number.
- Dollar amount of shares to be redeemed.
- Signature guarantee, if required.*
- Signature of all shareholders.
*Your written request must include a signature guarantee if any of the following situations apply:
- You wish to redeem more than $25,000.
- Your account registration has changed within the last 30 days.
- The check is being mailed to an address or wired to a banking institution other than those listed on your account.
- The redemption proceeds are being transferred to a Thornburg account with a different registration.
Minimum wire $1,000
Minimum Check $50.00
Telephone redemption privileges must be established before using this service. Complete the Telephone Redemption Form or call 800-847-0200 to establish telephone redemption privileges.
By Systematic Withdrawal:
Minimum account balance $10,000
Minimum Check $50.00
To sign up for this feature fill out the Systematic Withdrawal Application or call 800-847-0200.