Equity Funds Daily Prices
Bond Funds Daily Prices
News for Investors
- Portfolio Manager Josh Gonze discusses Thornburg’s active approach to laddering bond portfolios, in this short Thornburg video.
- View from the Bond Desk, Featuring: Unconstrained Bond Funds: An Unproven Record, by Jose Pluto, Fixed Income Analyst; The Hidden Risk in the Municipal Market, by Nicholos Venditti, Associate Portfolio Manager; and When Everything Looks Expensive, Get Defensive, by Jeffrey Klingelhofer, CFA, Associate Portfolio Manager
- Thornburg Limited Term Municipal Fund Celebrates its 30-Year Anniversary - September 29, 2014
- Portfolio Manager Connor Browne talks tax inversions: Why they hurt the U.S. economy, why it’s a hot-button political issue, why corporate tax reform isn’t such a stretch and how Thornburg’s investment strategy takes them into account.
- Value Investor Insight: Paths to Success, an interview with portfolio managers of Thornburg Global Opportunities Fund, Brian McMahon and Vinson Walden
- What’s left for investors after inflation, dividend and capital gains taxes, and expenses? The real, real return: READ our annual study of Real Real Returns
- Associate Portfolio Manager Nicholos Venditti discusses the dire situation facing Puerto Rico’s bonds in this short video
- Lon Erickson discusses the economic cross-currents affecting the outlook for interest rates in this short video
- The Process of Managing Retirement Income - Best practices for developing and following a retirement income plan
- An important letter from the Trustees of Thornburg Investment Trust
Investments in the Funds carry risks, including possible loss of principal. Special risks may be associated with investments outside the United States, especially in emerging markets, including currency fluctuations, illiquidity, volatility, and political and economic risks. Investments in small capitalization companies may increase the risk of greater price fluctuations. Funds investing in bonds have the same interest rate, inflation, and credit risks that are associated with the underlying bonds. The principal value of bonds will fluctuate relative to changes in interest rates, decreasing when interest rates rise. This effect is more pronounced for longer-term bonds. Unlike bonds, bond funds have ongoing fees and expenses. Investments in mortgage backed securities (MBS) may bear additional risk. Investments in lower rated and unrated bonds may be more sensitive to default, downgrades, and market volatility; these investments may also be less liquid than higher rated bonds. Investments in derivatives are subject to the risks associated with the securities or other assets underlying the pool of securities, including illiquidity and difficulty in valuation. Investments in the Funds are not FDIC insured, nor are they deposits of or guaranteed by a bank or any other entity.
Class I shares may not be available to all investors. Minimum investments for the I share class may be higher than those for other classes.
Before investing, carefully consider the Fund’s investment goals, risks, charges, and expenses. For a prospectus or summary prospectus containing this and other information, contact your financial advisor or visit our literature library. Read them carefully before investing.
Lipper Awards are granted annually to the fund in each Lipper classification that consistently delivered the strongest risk-adjusted performance (calculated with dividends reinvested). The Funds did not win the awards for other time periods. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Based on risk-adjusted returns as of 11/30/2013. Class I shares may not be available to all investors and minimum investments may be higher. Class R5 shares are limited to retirement platforms only.
Thornburg Investment Management was named Institutional Investor's 2014 Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year. A list of top performing managers in each of the 36 categories was identified by Institutional Investor magazine's editorial and research teams based on data provided by eVestment. In parallel, a call for nominations was conducted to the industry-at-large. This combined intelligence was used to develop a short-list of nominees in each category. More than 1000 leading U.S. pensions plans, foundations, endowments and other institutional investors were then surveyed and asked to vote for up to three managers in each strategy in which they invest that demonstrated the best overall performance during the past year. Investors were also provided the option to write-in a manager if they did not appear on the pre-populated short-list. Institutional Investor's editorial team analyzed the survey results to determine one winner for each category.
To determine a fund's Morningstar Rating™, funds with at least a three-year history are ranked in their categories by their Morningstar Risk-Adjusted Return scores. The top 10% receive 5 stars; the next 22.5%, 4 stars; the middle 35%, 3 stars; the next 22.5%, 2 stars; and the bottom 10% receive 1 star. The Risk-Adjusted Return accounts for variation in a fund's performance (including the effects of all sales charges), placing more emphasis on downward variations and rewarding consistent performance. Other share classes may have different performance characteristics. © 2013 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.